Thursday, March 11, 2010

French garden

Spring is calling you? It's calling me!!
I have been planning my garden, we don't have the landscaping yet here. My first project will be a formal veggie garden. 
This book has been a great inspiration for me.




Here is my planning...





For each elements many choices can be found...


Beds material : Can be made of... wood frames, bricks, boxwood (the boxwood takes more room). 


Towers in each beds : Roses, Green beans, tomatoes...anything vines.


Arches at each entry : Roses, Honeysuckle, Wisteria, vines.


Middle of garden tree : Rose tree, dwarf fruit tree, any ornamental tree. Statue, standing fountain...Standing garden ornament.


Another design here...




Arches.....



Back of the garden focal point...It could also be a statue or bench...


Keep in mind to limit the use of the same element to one... like a fountain or statue. The same plant and color can be repeated. Think balance. and symmetries.

You can plant the beds with flowers, repeating the same patterns in all of them, rotate plantings in beds every few years for a veggie garden, keep in mind that one of the bed might be permanent with herbs.
Make sure the beds have adequate sun exposure for your plantings. 


Here is my garden plans so far for each beds :




Salad garden
Red salad
Green salad,
Celery
Tomato
Cucumber
Parsley
Green beans
Strawberries

Salsa garden
Tomatillo
Jalapeno or Habanero pepper
Pepper
Yellow onion, green onion
Cilantro

Pizza garden
Tomato
Bell pepper
Onion
Basil
Oregano
Rosemary

Fairy garden
The kids love this one...Will talk more about this one later.

You can also make a secret  Asian garden for relaxation and Yoga, another one is a Fairy garden with the formal plan on the small scale. Will talk about these later.


A plus (see you later)
Frenchy

13 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Your garden is going to be lovely and useful. I love the plan. That looks like a very good book. I can't wait until the weather warms up and I can start on my garden as well!

xoxo
Jane

Julie Harward said...

I have no doubts at all that you'll get it done...you go girl! It looks like you have very smartly got it all planned...I can't wait to see it all come together! Come say hi :D

Tracy said...

WOW!! Once again, you are so creative!! Can't wait to see the finished product!! :-)

Emily {Frilly Details} said...

Your garden is going to look AMAZING!! I can't wait to see it. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

This is exciting! I have a similarly laid out garden of boxwood hedges that I just love. I plant culinary herbs in pots near my kitchen door and what a joy that is! HAVE FUN CHÈRIE!

Anita

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love arbors..that's a must for a classic flower garden. Be sure to post update photos ;-)

Stephanie said...

Thank you for breaking this down into such detail. It always seems so overwhelming to me and as a result, I freeze and never plant. Your plan makes it seem possible.

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Frenchy,
Your garden plans looks so lovely, I'm ready to start digging in my little garden too!
A bientôt

Champagne Macarons said...

I'm planning a Frenchgarden also.. The plans and ideas you've shown are fabulous! I can't wait to see your finished garden.
Wishing you a lovely weekend ~
xoxo,
B

Debbiedoos said...

Oh you are very ambitious!~ I can't wait to see it, it looks beautiful!

Jenni R. said...

Found your blog from New Friends Friday. Love your plans for the garden. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Holly Lefevre said...

I am determined to plant a better garden this year. I hear arugula grows well in my climate. Thanks for sharing your plans!

Holly
504 Main

Unknown said...

We will see how it goes....I am a planner, as you can see :)
Thank you for the comments.
Bisous
Frenchy

Contact me at: isafrenchy@gmail.com