Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crepes cake from the French Country party


This is the Crepe cake i made for my Hubby's French Country Birthday party.
This is the original crepe recipe i have. I am very picky about crepes. They should be with sugar, thin and tasty.

Crepes recipe

3 cup milk,
4 eggs,
1/4 cup sugar or Agave nectar,
2 cups flour,
pinch of salt,
extract of choice (vanilla, Anise, or orange flower water )
Butter or vegetable oil for pan.

Whisk all the ingredients with an electric whisk.
The batter should be as a very light pancake batter.



The non stick  pan should alway be buttered or oiled. Do this with the paper towel after each crepe. 


Use a small amount of batter and roll it around to make a thin layer of crepe batter.
With spatula, lift the edges when cooked and flip around.
You want a light brown color like when you cook pan cakes.


Store the crepes in the fridge to cool with parchment paper between each crepes.
The crepes should be cold before assembly.

Spread a thin layer of Nutella,  whip cream from a can (at least 2 cans). Assemble each crepes after the spreads are on.
Add Strawberries on top.


The recipe is for a small cake.
Make sure your crepes fit your pedestal.
Double the recipe for big crepes cake.
Cut in the top crepe with a sharp knife to fit the candles.
Enjoy ! So good !


Parties are on my bar.

21 comments:

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Yum that looks amazing Frenchy! Lucky hubby!!

Julie Harward said...

O LOVE crepes so much! A friend came back from a mission in France and made them for us...so good! :D

Heloisa de Mesquita Inoue said...

Oi, Aqui, não temos o abto de comer crepes, mas vou provar a sua receito! Parabéns ao aniversariante! Bom fim de semana!

BonjourRomance said...

Délicieux Frenchie! Your Honey looks happy!
Bon weekend,
Mimi

Blondie's Journal said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. I love crepes, especially with applesauce and cinnamon!

XO,
Jane

Chyrel Gomez said...

this really looks yummy and thanks for the recipe. :)

CatieBeatty said...

Ooh I'm gonna have to try this recipe. Just to warn you, it will be going up against my mom's crepe recipe ;D It's a beautiful cake!

Boheme.Fille said...

This looks so yummy!! I want some!
Thank you for passing by my blog and of course I'm going to follow you back!

Kisses!

Mona

Anonymous said...

That looks so delicious - YUM.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, this is gorgeous and looks delicious!!! Happy Birthday to your hubby!!! You two are so adorable together!
XO

Unknown said...

This is so creative...I lOVE IT!!! LOoks so delicious right now!
I am now following you and would love a follow back at http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/

Moniek said...

Mmmm, looks delicious!

Monica said...

This looks so yummy! I love crepes. Following you now! Stop by my blog, I'd love for you to do the same.
oldirtyd.blogspot.com

Creations and Inspirations said...

Very cute and looks tasty! I love crepes I'll have to give your a try :)

MarySue said...

Another winner from you. How do you stay so slim and cook like that...I assume you do eat those luscious foods. Happy day wishes.

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

That sounds delicious! I may have to try it sometime. Thanks!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh that looks delicious! I am so going to try this. I just hope mine turns out as pretty as yours. Lucky birthday boy! Thank you for sharing this recipe, and thank you for linking it to Favorite Things. laurie

Kitty B said...

Yummmm...that looks amazing!

Tina @ MOMS CRAZY COOKING said...

AMAZING! We would LOVE for you to come over to THIS WEEK’S CRAVINGS and link it up! This week our theme is KID-FRIENDLY and every kid (big or small) would LOVE this! Please come on over and link up!

http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/02/this-weeks-cravings-18-kid-friendly-and.html

Humble Homemaker said...

I adore crepes. So yummy. This looks like a fabulous way to use them. Thanks for sharing!
Humble Homemaking

Brianna! said...

thanks SO much for sharing dear
xoxo
bB

Contact me at: isafrenchy@gmail.com